Silene offers services and resources to facilitate the integration of intangible cultural heritage and the spiritual values of nature in various fields such as education, dissemination, public use, planning or management, from the perspective of conservation or responsible custody. Specifically, the services offered by Silene are:
- Studies and projects to create the knowledge base necessary to facilitate the conservation and promotion of the cultural and spiritual values of nature, usually focused on spaces, habitats, landscapes or private properties.
- Accompanying organizations and decision-making processes through ongoing counseling tailored to the specific needs of each case, based on ecological principles and/or spiritual inspiration that allows consensus to be reached and to promote transformative processes of change that add credibility.
- Formulation and promotion of actions to conserve, disseminate or experience the immaterial cultural and spiritual values of nature, be it in the educational, business, or welfare areas: contemplative activities in nature, promotion of integral well-being, environmental awareness, etc.
TRAINING AND DISSEMINATION
- Training and dissemination activities: Courses, workshops, conferences and talks to convey the importance of the cultural and spiritual values of nature, as intrinsic values and as ecosystem resources.
- Publications, either own (in Catalan and Spanish) or in collaboration with others (also in English and French).
- Documentation centre (hosted on this portal) that contains resources and documents about the intangible spiritual and cultural heritage linked to the natural heritage, from the local to the international level. This is the reference Documentation Centre of the Specialist Group on Cultural and Spiritual Values of Protected Areas, of the IUCN the World Commission for Natural Protected Areas.
- News from all over the world, focusing in Europe and Catalonia (where we are based) linked to the mission of the association.